Replaced the front brake on the XO. When wet I’m having a hell of a time trying to stop on non-machined sidewalls – pimp as they may look. This is the strongest front canti-brake I could find, with the stickiest pads I could get, using V-brake pads for extra surface area. I hope this does the trick.
I also think the red anno looks pretty dope against the purple anno rims. Yeah sploosh.
I also fabricated a light bracket from a cut down center-pull brake arm. This wasn’t my idea – I saw it elsewhere on Flickr and decided to give it a go since I had an old crappy centerpull laying around. I didn’t do a fancy job on any of it – wires are everywhere and the bracket is still pretty rough – I just wanted to futz around with this before I button it all down.
Also, hello! Dynamo! The project progresses! First impressions are great. I don’t know if I like this lamp specifically, but I like that the hub produces almost no noticeable resistance and that, you know… Light!
Alex lent me this lamp to play around with. I’m still formulating my opinions and questions about shaped light shapes and whatnots. Will probably post about that later somewhere. Am waiting on a lamp that’s on order before I clean it all up.
You can click on the pics for more in the set if interested.